So the holidays are over and it’s time to face all those little issues you want resolved in 2012. Everyone knows that home is where the heart is, so let’s start there. Whether you would like to spruce up your home décor or save money on high electric bills – where there’s a will, there’s a way. Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your home this year.
1. Going green doesn’t stop at protecting the environment – it protects your pocket too. Switching to eco-friendly appliances or checking your home to improve energy efficiency may go a long way. Although it may seem costly up front, we assure it will save you dollars down the road.
2. Welcome to Florida. Home to sun, sand, and high electric bills if your insulation isn’t keeping heat where it belongs. If your home isn’t properly insulated, you could be facing hot prices to cool down.
3. As you look at your back porch, what do you see? If it’s clutter and things you’ve been meaning to go through, this year is your chance to make a change. Patios and back yards can quickly transform into tranquil, comfortable areas to do work or enjoy time with family. Turn your stress into leisure.
4. There are countless DIY projects to turn your bland space into an eye-catching room of awe. What’s the best part of DIY projects? Aside from the low cost, you can take that mess that’s been stored in the garage for years and turn it into a treasure. That’s what we call innovation at its finest.
5. Safety’s crucial. If you haven’t taken the time lately to check your plumbing, heating, or alarm systems, make it a top priority. Taking preventative measures now could make for HUGE savings later or even protect your home from bad luck.
Well, we provided you with a few helpful hints, now it’s your turn to tell us what great ideas you have in store for this year. Share your creative home resolution for a chance to win a $100 gift card to a home décor store of your choice! As always, it’s just that easy with Lennar Tampa.
*All entries must be in by 1/30/12. Winner will be notified on 1/31/12.